August 5th, 2009
Now is your time to shine! There are no more excuses. I know many of you have been wanting to follow your dreams for quite some time, and just never really got off your butt to take a chance. Best to stop “Talking the talk” if you’re not going to “walk the walk”! Seems simple but the most difficult challenge is facing and overcoming your own blocks.
I’ve heard every excuse in the book. Here are a few. Does this sound like you?
* The kids have so much going on! I just don’t have any time for myself.
* I’m so busy with work. Once I get home, I’m too tired.
* There are only so many hours during the day!
* I’ll get started once things slow down.
* I have no energy to do anything.
* I just can’t take many risks with a home, spouse, kids and pets to take care of.
* I just don’t have time. Period.
* I have responsibilities to my elderly parents.
* I feel guilty doing something for myself. Too many people need me.
* If I’m going to do it, I need to devote myself 100%, and I just can’t right now.
* Once my health improves, I’ll get on it.
* My spouse, parent, significant other doesn’t approve.
* I’m not qualified to do anything like that.
* I need more training, schooling, guidance, or certificates to really do what I want.
* It’s too much money.
* I work multiple jobs and have a family. I can’t afford to spend the time on luxuries.
If a number of these excuses sound familiar, YOU are the one holding yourself back from a joyous life. If you have the time to surf the Internet, collect eggs on Facebook, or worry excessively about things you have no control over — then I hate to break the news to you, but there are NO EXCUSES for not having the time to do the things to love, or to finally go after your childhood dreams!
If you don’t want to take a big risk, take some smaller ones. Make a list of all the things you would like to do in the next 6 months, and make your mind up to at least put your best foot forward on three of those items. What do you have to lose?
Once you take the action, leave it up to the universe to decide what doors to open for you. Remember, it’s not about what YOU WANT, it’s about what is meant for you. Meet the universe half way, and don’t settle for anything less than what makes you happy.
Are you happy right now as you read this sentence? If the answer is no, then what are you planning to do about it? It’s YOUR life, so LIVE IT. No one has a claim on it unless you allow them. One thing is for sure. You do not want to wake up twenty years from now with regrets.
A golden window of opportunity is there. The bigger the risk you take right now, the better the reward!
If you decide to move forward with your dreams, write me with your success story! I will post it on my blog to inspire others to take a chance.
There’s absolutely no reason to be miserable. See the miracle in each day
All my best!